Thursday, August 21, 2008

Something Else I Really Do Not Like

Tailgaters
No, I'm not talking about pre-game celebrations. I am all for the Brats, Root Beer, and trash talking. What I don't like are the people that drive their cars on top of me like Urlacher on Sorgi/Manning. (reference wk. 1, 2008) or like any of these.
I have noticed recently that people are really bad with this driving habit. I was looking on the Internet at some ways to get people to back off.

  • Slow waaaaaaayyy dooooowwwwnnnnn.
  • Slam on breaks thus forcing the other person to rear end you.
  • Install a extended trailer hitch to your vehicle so if you get rear ended it pierces deep into the vehicle.
  • One of the new ideas I read was to carry a paintball gun with you. Allow the car to pass you then open fire on the car and if you're lucky the windows will be down.
  • I thought of this one today. I think it is best because it doesn't slow you down from getting to your destination and you are not risking permanent damage to the other persons vehicle. I think that you should slow to the speed limit and if they don't catch the drift, then start using your windshield washer fluid on them. It is really just an annoyance like they are to you. Don't use it all at once, just use it for a few seconds, allowing them to turn theirs on to clean off the splatter. Then repeat as desired. They will either: back off, pass you, or follow you until you reach your destination and beat you up. Either way, you are perfectly legal in everything you do.

Be safe, and annoy tailgaters.

5 comments:

Heather said...

As self appointed encourage captain for our sunday school class, greater Lafayette and it's surrounding counties, I am a bit disappointed at your tone. Might I suggest an alternative? Maybe you could politely pull over to the side of the raod and let the peron by you. Just a small wave and smile might also be appropriate. TTFN!

Keith said...

A couple things.....No......and what is TTFN?

Heather said...

Obviously you aren't "down with it" like me. TTFN, in the cyberworld and also on Winne the Pooh, stands for Ta Ta For Now :)

Emily said...

I'm afraid I'm a tailgater myself... I come by it naturally - you'd know if you ever rode with my Dad! What if the person in front of you deliberately cut you off? Or is being stupid and not driving when the light turns green? Or... ok, maybe I have a problem...

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

funny....especially since last weekend when I visited Barb, Andy, and the kids I had a semi on my rear end for a lot of the trip....unfortunately when it's a huge semi behind you some of your tidbits won't work...

ps I can't believe you didn't know what TTFN means...