Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fantastic Contraption

So I have become extremely interested (addicted) in playing a game called Fantastic Contraption. It is a game where you are given an object in one area and you have to move it to a different area on the screen. It can be a ball, a box, or a rectangle. You move it by a system of wheels and rods. I like it because it makes me think. There is something very frustrating about the game though. It is very sensitive. If you move the slightest thing you can throw off the balance of the whole structure. I am constantly moving things just the slightest bit to see if that will make the contraption work the way I want it to.

I mentioned in a previous blog that God did some wonderful act in me at district assembly. I am doing ok I think. I have started reading my Bible before bed. Which is hard because when Kimber goes to be, she is ready to watch Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor. But I can usually keep her calm long enough to finish my reading.

I am going through Romans. I read a chapter a night, which is enough to get some depth, but also not too much to process. I am learning a lot from Romans. In my past I would make excuses to do, or not do, certain things in my life which were not pleasing to God. I have had conviction on me over things that I have been doing for years. It amazes me how patient God is to make sure I am following Him. I have ran from certain attitude issues and other issues in my life for so long that it was a relief to let it go. Notice it wasn't easy, just a relief. As I read through Romans I have developed a deeper appreciation for the holiness tradition.
Romans 6:1-4
"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."
God is tweaking me just like I do my contraptions online. My prayer is that he will light my path so that I may never walk in a self deceptive darkness again. Thanks be to God -- through Jesus Christ our Lord!

1 comment:

Andy Lauer said...

Lately, rather than praying "God make me your instrument" or "God, keep me from sin" but rather "God, HELP me become your instrument", "Help me avoid sin." The difference for me is that instead of God doing it all, I'm asking Him to help me be what He wants me to be. When a child grows up, there comes a point where you stop doing it yourself and you simply help as help is requested. I pray that I'm growing up in Him.