Thursday, July 24, 2008

Spanking

My childhood was interesting.

When me and my brother were kids we would get into all kinds of things. We were overall pretty good kids, but we had our ways of hacking off our parents. We were accustomed to receiving the "rod" just to make sure we weren't being spoiled. There were very few times that we were reprimanded that we didn't deserve it. Most of the time we were guilty of the crimes we were accused of. However, there were a few, very few, times where if I was going to be punished and my brother Kevin didn't feel like it was justified he would ask mom or dad if he could take my spankings in place of me. Now you understand why it was very few times. Sometimes when my brother requested this my parents allowed it and other times they didn't. Every time they did they made sure to use it as a teaching point. "What Kevin is doing is an example of what Christ did for us on the cross. We are the guilty ones and he paid the price for us." Now I know why they like him better.

I am not a fan of cheesy skits in churches, so when Kimber sent me this link I was skeptical of its value. I couldn't have been more wrong. This may be the best example of what Christ does for us that I have ever witnessed. I encourage you to watch the clip. (let it all load first or it will ruin the flow.)If you don't watch it I want you to know you are missing out on a great clip!

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ee73e63418003b47d7d5

No comments: