Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jimmy John's

I know that while you read this you will start salivating so just be ready. Today for lunch I had "The J.J. Gargantuan" which is described by Jimmy John's as:
"This sandwich was invented by Jimmy John's brother Huey. It's huge enough to feed the hungriest of all humans! Tons of genoa salami, sliced smoked ham, capicola, roast beef, turkey & provolone, jammed into one of our homemade French buns then smothered with onions, mayo, lettuce, tomato, & our homemade Italian dressing. "
Now I get mine without tomato and Italian dressing, but it is still good. While I was partaking in the heavenly experience of consuming this massive stack of meat, one of the "regulars" at church came in my office. The first words out of his mouth were, " I want one of those." Then I was able to reply tauntingly, "Yeah, it's verrrrrry good."
Isn't it interesting how attractive things are when we see them in person. I can read the menu here in front of me, and the description of the sandwich sounds good. It is nothing compared to eating it. I want to make sure that I am always making Christ appealing. I want to make sure that I am bringing Christ to people in everyday situations on levels that they can understand and comprehend. I know that Christ is more than something that I could ever sell to someone. But God made me happy and I know that other people are seeking a happiness. They try to find it in other people, alcohol, drugs, hobbies, and any other number of false securities. God is our completeness when we are looking for things to fill our emptiness. I have a calling on my live to gift God to people as often as possible, and you do too.

1 comment:

Andy Lauer said...

Right on. If our faith is not real, I mean really real, then people aren't going to give their lives to it--and likely neither will we for very long. I think that's part of the reason Jesus left us with the Eucharist--a tangible, coporeal reminder that He lived, died, was resurrected, and ascended on our behalf.
Thanks for a good read.