Monday, April 12, 2010

Observations of Parenthood

These are just a few things that I have noticed since becoming a father 10 days ago.

1. Taking off for 1 week after your child is born is not long enough.

2. When your child is asleep in the car, there seem to be a lot more potholes.

3. Changing diapers isn't that bad....yet.

4. Playing music too loud can wake a child up.

5. Playing music loud enough drowns out crying.:)

6. The pacifier was not going to get used. We made it 3 days at home and I consider that a success. Pacifiers are lifesavers.

7. Hospitals talk way too much about SIDS. (Or maybe I worry about things too much)

8. There are times when it is going to feel like there is nothing I can do to help. I think I have to use those times to catch up on sleep.:)

9. Being at work is hard. It has been 1 1/2 hrs, and I feel like I am missing stuff already.

10. There is such a thing as love at first sight.

2 comments:

My Parks Life said...

Keith,
Welcome to parenthood! Don't blink! They grow really fast. :) Love you guys!
Robyn

Andy Lauer said...

I'm glad for you man. Soon you'll add another to that list, just how much they teach you about how God loves us, who are so childish most of the time.