Monday, October 26, 2009

Recently

So the question was posed to me:

How have you changed recently?

I think that it's good every so often to re-evaluate where you are in your life. Lets start with my home life. Things are crazy at home. It feels like we are in a whirlwind of excitement. After we lost the first pregnancy, I wasn't sure how long it was going to be before we "tried" again. I am glad that we didn't wait long. This is exciting. Along with the excitement comes a concern for every 'little' thing that happens with the baby. "Pain is normal" out of one side of the doctors mouth, while "If you are hurting give us a call" comes out the other side. I think this might be the hardest part of dealing with a miscarriage. Through this entire process, Kimber and I have grown much closer. It's awesome. Throughout this past year I have grown to love Kimber more and more each day.

At work things are awesome. I am still a secretary, but that is my full-time job that pays for the bills so I can do what God has called me to do. I am happy to be working with the people that I work with. I am in a huge learning process. It's cool to be in a place where the people around you are understanding and patient. I am learning, and that makes be feel more competent. As cheesy and old as the saying is, I am reminded that God doesn't call the the equipped, he equips the called. I pray that God will continue to show me what he wants in my life and the lives of those I impact at church. I have become more comfortable with my position at church and am thankful for God's peace in those areas.

As most of you know, I have a lot of trouble focusing on one thing. I hope that this makes sense. I am writing it while watching Monday Night Football.

No comments: