Monday, February 16, 2009

Winter Retreat '09

God is Amazing.



For the first time in several months I really feel like I am where I need to be. I feel like God has placed me in a position that I am loving more and more each week. I love the teens that I am working with. The volunteers that are helping me out are phenomenal. Thank you God for affirming what I am doing.



Now to this past weekend.



We had a wonderful trip to Gull Lake Retreat Center . We took 22 teens (15 guys and 7 girls) with us to Hickory Corners, MI. You can look at the accommodations that we had by going to "retreats" and then to "accommodations." The guys were in the "Galatians" condo, and the girls were in the "Ben Gordon" condo. They were nice.

This year they had several things available for us. They had sledding which I hear was awesome, they had movies, board games, a game room with foosball, ping pong, pool, air hockey,and many other fun things. Friday night they had a trip to the YMCA (which we didn't go to because we ran out of gas on the way there.)

I had a really good time this past weekend but I am super excited about the trip next year. They are adding an on-site gym, bowling alley,etc... it is going to be awesome.

Thanks again Tina and Steve for going with us. We couldn't do it without you.








4 comments:

Emily said...

That's awesome, Keith!! I'm glad you're loving your job more and more and that you had such a great weekend. :-)

Andy Lauer said...

Glad to hear it went so well.

Although, ran out of gas? What's up with that?

Keith said...

Well, the bus has issues. Steve put gas in it, I know he did. We made it about 120 miles and it was out. That is roughly 1.714285714285714285714285714285 mpg. So, we filled it up very often after that. We ended up getting between 5-6 mpg after that. It was an adventure.

Heather said...

I know the teens LOVE you and you are doing such a great job. Thank you!!!!


OBTW, the secret decoder word I have to enter to post this is "houti". How did they know?

I heart you!!!