Wednesday, December 10, 2008

When I was a child, I thought as a child...

Growing up, my mother cooked breakfast for me every morning; toast, bacon, eggs usually. The only problem was, I was too lazy to get out of bed to eat it. I would hate to think how much food was wasted during my childhood. Mom could probably fed a small 3rd world country with the waste. Thinking back on this, it really frustrates me. I wish I would have gotten out of bed more often. 

Note: I am not complaining about the breakfast service I get now, I am just noticing my lack of understanding exactly how good my childhood was. 

When/If I get breakfast now, it is usually a wonderful bowl of soggy cereal from Kiddie Kollege. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the best.  So this brings me to my question. 

What is your favorite breakfast food?

8 comments:

Emily said...

No doubt about it - Baby German Pancakes! Yum! Salivating just thinking about them... my aunt Pat makes the best ones! If you ever come out to Oregon, she'll make you some.

Heather said...

Lucky Charms!! Is there any other breakfast cereal. It is like breakfast and dessert all in one. YUMMMM! It makes a pretty darn good supper also!!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Special K Red berries cereal :) with Lactose free milk :)

Okay seriously I love homemade waffles and when Olivet got the waffle irons we could make our own in it was the best thing ever...but I probably ate breakfast twice at Olivet b/c I was too lazy to get up and walk across campus for breakfast!

Emily said...

Haha! Special K always makes me think of a certain boss I had and not the cereal. :-D It was his "unofficial" nickname on campus.

Andy Lauer said...

The "Truck Stop" at Town Topic downtown K.C. It's basically all your breakfast foods scraped off a greasy grill onto a pile on a huge plate. Exquisite!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Ewww Andy...of all the places to eat in KC? Sounds like clogged arteries waiting to happen!

Heather said...

I still heart you!!!

Emily said...

What happened to you, Keith? You're the one who got me started on this whole blog thing! Where did you go? :-) But I'm with Heather on this one and I still heart you...