Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thank You

I am tired of talking about issues that divide people on this blog. So that is why I have not posted for 3 weeks.

I have to say that I really don't like winter. There is nothing about me that likes being wrapped up in 15 layers of clothes just to survive. I would rather it be 115 degrees 365 days a year than put up with 3-4 monthes of cold weather.

Also I really don't like snow. Well, let me fix that. I don't like ice. Also, if it is going to snow, let it snow! Give me 20'' so that we can't travel anywhere.

The best days of the year are those first days after winter is behind us and I can finally wear shorts again.

Thank you God for these last few beautiful days before it gets nasty.

How do you feel about winter?

8 comments:

Kevin said...

I love winter. I love the snow.

You can always put more clothes on, but you can only take so much off.

Keith said...

That is very true....

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

I'm with you Keith! I HATE winter, I hate snow, I hate wearing winter coats, and I absolutely hate scraping my car windows in the morning before work!

Lisa said...

Below 80 is misery

Heather said...

I used to think that we might possibly be soul mates, but was I ever wrong!!

I HATE hot weather and I will take snow over humidity any day. Have you ever spent 45 minutes flat ironing your hair only to step into the humidity of summer and frizz up like a porcupine? My guess is probably not but if you did you would understand.

Winter is upon us so I guess you will just have to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!!!

Miss you!!

Emily said...

Haha! I LOVE heather's comment about the hair... I'm with her on that one. But I actually enjoy the winter. I think I'm going to really enjoy it over here because they rarely get enough snow to measure. :-) It's just going to be cold (with no humidity)... come visit me, Heather! Your hair would like it here. haha!

Andy Lauer said...

Waa! Waa! Waa! I never fail to baffle at those who choose to live in a northern climate and yet complain about the cold and the snow. It's like those women who stay in abusive relationships. Why? Merle Haggard used to sing a song that stated so eloquently: "If you don't love it, leave it!" My thoughts exaclty, Merle.

As for me, I like the cold and snow--although I wouldn't want it all the time. The balance of the seasons is one of God's great gifts to us.

Keith said...

As a Great Chinese Proverb once said, "May the curse of a thousand winters be upon those who 'Waa! Waa! Waa!' at others."