Friday, October 10, 2008

COD + SSS = Wholeeness

So I went to lunch today. It was good. I had the ubiquitously famous South Street Smokehouse, or as I call it the SSS.  As me and a friend of mine sat there we talked about many things. We talked about how excellent the food is. We talked about the moist towelletes and how if they were just a touch bigger they would be adequate for the normal adult human hand. We also talked about my favorite video game. 

We decided that if there were some way to install Call of Duty(COD) into the booths at the SSS then we would have  everything that we would need in the world. So being the thoughtful person that I am I began to ponder this idea. I said we would have EVERYTHING we ever needed, except the church. We would only need to leave the SSS to go to church. 

I have solved this problem. We could start a church on Sundays and invite gamers and nerds of all kinds to join us. Our slogan could be, "Come join us in the House of Cod, where you can kill people and repent all before your food is delivered." 

Would you be interested in joining with me in this endeavor?

6 comments:

Emily said...

Ummmm....

Emily said...

Sorry about that "ummmm..." earlier. There were too many thoughts to write out and too much else to do. That's why I left it with ...

...so anyway, first off, I miss SSS like crazy! We have a lot of authentic Hispanic food here but no good BBQ. Also, I'm amused by your word "Wholeeness". :-) Is that approximately equal to holiness? Lastly, I think the name "House of Cod" is confusing because people might be anticipating a fish house instead of sweet BBQ. :-) Those are all my thoughts... no more...

Heather said...

Your mascot could be a huge pig dressed in camo being slain by a very small redneck hunter, sort of like a hilbilly version of David and Goliath.
I also suppose the communion table would have cornbread?

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Ummm...absolutely NOT! And I've never heard of this place you're talking about...and the best BBQ in the whole world is in Kansas City...

And by the way, killing people is bad!

Andy Lauer said...

Keith, you're a cod.

Fool of God said...

Dude...you're like the worst friend ever...you haven't even e-mailed me in months...

I hate you. (Not really, just thought I'd bring back memories of our chats in the office)

Now go die.