Monday, September 8, 2008

The Day Is Mine

Do you ever just have a really good day? Have you ever had a day when EVERYTHING goes right? I had one yesterday.

I woke up after sleeping in just a little bit. Which is always great because you feel like you stole a few minutes from the alarm clock.

After that, I went to church and learned about eunuchs. Actually we heard a very good sermon about how we need to be welcoming to every one and not be judgemental, as we so often are. I learned more German than I did in 3 years of H.S. German classes.

Gemeinschaft and Gesellschaft: Ask Clicker(Pastor) about it sometime. He explains it very well.

After that was the worst part of my day. I had to choose between watching the Jets-Dolphins game, the Saints-Bucs game, or the Nascar race....

Jimmy Johnson won. (not really that hard of a decision)

Then I had the opportunity to play a little Call of Duty4. One of the best times of the day.

Following COD4 was some time at bible study with the ERC group. It was good times. We are going through a book that is teaching us about spiritual disciplines. Last night we talked about some that I don't have much of in my life, and that is silence.

Then came my non-spiritual highlight of the day. Opening game for the Chicago Bears. It was awesome. I had friends over (though most of them were wearing blue and white) and we had good times. Well, I did.

After that, it was COD4 time again.

Great day huh?

I was late for work this morning. Hope the week goes better than this morning did.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hmmm, ironically (or not) I had a very bad day yesterday and now I'm struggling at work to be cheery so everyone doesn't figure out what a sore loser I am! ... and the stupid song "they will know we are Christians by our love, by our love" keeps playing through my head! Enough already! :-)

Heather said...

So glad to hear about your awesome day. It seems my list of things that I never thought I would here in church is rapidly expanding. I now have to add the description of a eunuch to "that sucks" and "halfbreeds". I am loving Pastor Troy, not is he a great speaker and seems like a geniune good guy, he has such a funny sense of humor. In fact, if he didn't use so many big words and I didn't need a thesaurus to spell his last name, I'd think we might be related.
Hope the rest of your week goes as good as the start :)